Sunday 16 October 2016

A Coffee & Catch Up - Photo Diary

As you may have noticed, I have been on a bit of a blog hiatus. I can't believe time has whizzed so quickly- it's bloody October!! Anyway, I thought I'd post a photo diary to give you a little insight into the highlights of what I have been getting up to since my last post, so grab a coffee and lets have a catch up.



Hi Guys!!

First of all, I have not been neglecting Wildephene intentionally. I have had a whirlwind of a couple of months and all of my spare time has been captured into other ventures. I have been doing festivals, gigs, design work, London trips, Paris trips and trying to spread myself between friends and family. I would never want to rush a post, or post just for the sake of it without any real effort going into the content- never selling yourself short is always important! However, I am out of hiding and so ready to get back into regular posting.

SOUTHAMPTON PRIDE

So firstly, I know this is old news, but Southampton had its very first Pride event this year. Although a little chaotic, I am so excited that Pride has finally come to our city, it is a cause extremely close to my heart. 
Pride bought out hundreds of people in support of the LBGTQ community and it was truly amazing to see so many people in the spirit and celebrating love and diversity. Here are some photos of my favourite humans with extra glitter, doing what we do best... out and proud honey bee.




After the glitter and shots wore off, things did not calm down...

BLAENAVON (x2)

As some of you may know from my Instagram, Jo wangled me a free pass to this years Blissfields festival. This is where I first heard/ fell in love with Blaenavon. Since then, I have made sure to get tickets any time they are touring in the area. Live music is a massive love of mine and these guys are abso-effin-lutley incredible. Humble, Hampshire dream babes with a sound that will blow your mind. So full of energy, with an indie vibe. To me the lead singers vocal channels that of a Morrisey sound and he has a hella pretty dream face, so if you are into music with that kind of sound, or even if you aren't- definitely check them out. 
P.S. They used this photo on their insta and twitter so I fangirled loads and I am not afraid to admit it.


Praise Blaenavon and The Wedgewood Rooms!




Twitter / Soundcloud - Apologies for the poor quality photos. My iPhone did its best!


BESTIVAL

Social media came alive with photographs, tweets and status's about the one and only Bestival. It was hard to miss, but if you did, Bestival is an annual festival at the Isle of White organised by Rob Da Bank. This year was filled with a spectrum of acts including The Cure, Craig David and Bastille. Before this year I had never been to the festival, I had only heard of the colourful dreamland where all inhibitions are left at the door and you can transform into a magical being for a whole four days. This year Jo and I got to experience it for free as guests. 






The best part of the festival for me was the "It's a Hard Cock Life" Hip Hop party (yeah, you read right) to be followed by a night-long Sink the Pink party...

How can I explain this..? Okay so if you can imagine a secluded outside amphitheater, in the middle of a forest away from the rest of the festival, with blow up Penis's, the most glorious drag queens the world has ever seen, hundreds of festival-goers, light shows and hip-hop music. Close the hip-hop and move into the queerest, most diva soundtrack ever... you've pretty much got it. It's an awful picture, but a small section of it looked like this...


After dancing the night away, singing to the top of our lungs and drinking away my overdraft, the next day bought beautiful sunshine and a much needed morning-after caffeine fix which carried me into the day...


Although we couldn't stay for the whole duration, the time we did stay there definitely lived up to the hype. To my delight, fields of colour, all night dancing, all day dancing, costumes and glitter really does flood over Robin Hill.

SOUTHSEA FEST 2016

On 1st October, Southsea Fest returned for 2016. This is an all day event full to the brim with live music from world famous acts, to local and emerging talent. Southsea Fest was hosted across a zillion venues throughout Southsea and Portsmouth. The deal was that you bought one wrist band and you can freely go in and out of all of the venues to check out the spectrum of amazing acts throughout the day and into the evening.


This year my lady's band was opening for the Pie and Vinyl stage at Trinity Church. I was recruited to do the luxurious things, you know lug the gear around, get coffee, help them set-up, send tweets and be all-round slave. This did however get me a day pass, so I was happy. We then explored the town and went to see the bands on offer. 










PARIS

The biggest adventure I have been on recently is my trip to Paris! But what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't post about it in detail?! 
So for now, here is a taster...



I hope you have all had the best couple of months! I am excited to get back into the swing of blogging. If any of you want to collab or create something together then get in touch. I'd love to meet bloggers and work on something magic!

Until next time...



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig