Sunday 19 February 2017

The Real Greek Has Come To Town

I have a few things that I will never take for granted as a blogger and one of these is the privilege to be invited to blog events. This time around was no exception!

When I received an email inviting me to the launch event for The Real Greek Southampton, I could not accept fast enough. So come on in, take five and get your tastebuds tingling, The Real Greek has come to town...


If you are not from the area, the skyline of Southampton's city centre has recently changed for the better. Sotonian's rejoice for the incredible new addition to our city which comes in the form of Westquay Watermark- a leisure-led complex with over 20 restaurants, a fancy new cinema and bowling alley.
One of those 20 restaurants is one of my absolute faves- The Real Greek.







Before you enter the restaurant, you already get a distinct flavour of the venue's theme and atmosphere. The outside booths are teamed with upholstered blue and white stripe fabric, immediately taking your mind to holiday beach feels from the offset. As you enter the restaurant the interior and decor ensures you are whisked out of Southampton and into the welcoming arms of sunshine, sea and Santorini.



I am sure that all of us are guilty for "never having enough time", or rushing around like crazy people. One thing that I learned at the launch was that one of the main goals of The Real Greek branches are to create a sensory experience, taking us away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives for just enough time to relax and revive with friends and family. 
An aid to making this happen was to design and create a space which entices customers to feel relaxed and calm, warm and welcomed. Emphasising on the traditions of Greek culture. 

Two Above Images Sourced from http://www.therealgreek.com/southampton/
The interior of the Southampton branch has been specifically designed to give you a taste of the Mediterranean using monochrome floor tiles, industrial materials, soft lighting and striking colour schemes. As in the image above, the far back wall of the space has been covered with a vinyl image of the Greek coast. This clever little trick creates a vast sense of space, freedom and relaxation.

The use of traditional Greek design continues onto the other walls of the interior, my favourite details being the Mediterranean hanging plates.




When talking with restaurant staff, I was told that it was the owner of the chain that designed the interior. This, to me, is massively interesting as it enhances the authenticity, passion and personality within the space. It is an extremely warm and inviting area where you can easily spend an entire afternoon or evening. 


If there's one thing I love more than food, it is a dreamy cocktail! My luck was absolutely in as the Southampton branch has been lucky enough to become home to the first-ever Real Greek cocktail bar, "The Santorini Bar".


The bar is stocked with fresh ingredients designed to take you back to your Greek goddess head space. With a luminated bar top, hanging glasses and mason jars- you will be dreaming of that sunshine in no time!




If you want an authentic Greek meal, you need look no further. The Real Greek serves exactly what it says on the tin. The Real Greek prides itself on serving its guests genuine Eastern Mediterranean dishes. Using healthy ingredients sourced from Greece and Cyprus, the menu's have been closely developed with Greek and Cypriot nationals in order to bring the distinct taste and experience here to us on the South Coast. I for one am so very happy about that! Before I travelled to Spitalfields (London) to get my fix of The Real Greek goodness and now having one on my door step which makes me one happy human!


It would be a personal sin to start any restaurant dinner without a mojito and F.Y.I. The Real Greek certainly know how to do a babe of a cocktail!! The saddest part of my night was that I could only have the one! For dinner I indulged in grilled kalamari, lamb cutlets and grilled halloumi meze. All dishes were complimented with dressings and garnishes which enhanced the light, refreshing taste. The best thing about eating here are that the plates are light, but filling. You don't leave with that heavy, slumpy, food baby weighing you down.
























I didn't think it could get any better until I ordered dessert. Woahhhh mumma! I had the caramel and pecan cheesecake- a vanilla cheesecake topped with delicious caramel and toasted pecan nuts from the Aegean, on a biscuit and pecan base. Now, for those that know me personally will know that dessert is a deal breaker. It is the kind of dessert you dream about for days.


To close out, I would like to thank The Real Greek for my meal and Cora for the invitation. Take a look at the links below for more information and to find your closest restaurant!

Happy eating!!













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig