Monday 24 July 2017

Florence Welch X Sweet Vintage Delrium

For the third instalment of my exploration into the homes of my creative idols and dream babes, I have stepped inside the home of one of my icons, Florence Welch. Her home is sweeter than heaven (see what I did there ;)... let's snoop!!


This majestic human needs no introduction. If you have no idea who Florence is then you must be from Mars or another galaxy and if that is true then please leave a comment so I can blog about your home!

I have been fascinated with Florence ever since she came on the scene and released her first album Between Two Lungs. I have been lucky enough to see her perform twice live and one thing that pulls me in is her complete synergy with her personal style, music taste, likes and her enchanting persona.

Florence chanels her creativity in all areas of her being. This encompassment is magnetic- her home being no exception. 


As I trawled the internet for images of her home (that sounds a bit creepy... sorry then), I found that I was drawn in to each image. One thing that truly fascinates me about interiors is how it can be an extension of someones personality and being in that space, or seeing that space, is a very personal experience.

Whilst on my search, I came across a feature which is a collaboration between Nowness and Apartamento magazine. In the video, Florence takes you on a visual journey around her London home. 


My favourite line in the feature is 

"For me, living in a house or being in a room is like tending to an organism. You have to keep adding things to it, taking things away and it sort of lives and breathes with you"

Florence's home visually embodies her life; her past, her present and her personal connections through photographs, textiles, colour, books and vintage items that could add up to a museum collection.



The space is not relatively large for what I would expect a super-duper mega-babe mega-star to have, infact it is relatively modest. I think for Florence, it is not about size, or what she has by way of gadgets or fashions, but instead very personal and very intrinsic pieces which she falls in love with. I can't image she will be popping down to Urban Outfitters any time soon to pick up her £100000 cactus. This lady has got style and my gahddd it shows.





Florence's overall style is very eclectic, bohemian and personal. This links to a documentary I watched on Minimalism recently. Obviously Florence's home is not minimal, but in the documentary they said something along the lines of "only owning items that add value to your life". Not monetary value, but emotional value. I think we could all learn something from that. 






"Houses always become like scrap books in the end for me"

This is where I would usually put style notes on how to achieve a certain look. However, because this is a heavily personal style, instead I am going to give you some tips on what to consider if you feel like giving the this eclectic look a try...

CREATING YOUR SCRAP BOOK SPACE...
  • When buying something, have a think as to why you are buying it first. Is it because you have seen it on a blog, or on instagram? Is it because it is in fashion or on trend right now? Is it something you are going to love in a few months time?
  • Head down to your local charity shops and car boot sales, see if you can find some interior treasures that you are really drawn to. This way you can create the eclectic bohemian style, which you wont see in everyone else's homes.
  • Match the old with the new, don't be afraid to mix things up. That be your textiles, patterns, colours or ornaments. Have an experiment and see what you come up with. Remember that nothing has to be "insta-perfect".
  • Don't go over board. This style is not minimalist, but it is refined. Putting everything you have every owned on display won't work. Be selective.
  • Have fun!!! This style is extremely playful and experimental. 


Unfortunately me and Flo aren't best mates yet, so sadly these are not my images. They have been sourced from various interweb resources. However, the original Vogue shoot can be found here.




xx








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig