Thursday 8 March 2018

Liberty London

So guys, I have a confession... before this visit I had never been to Liberty London. Ever. Ever... "can you believeeeee?" Anyway, I loved what I found inside that beautiful floral entrance so much that I had to write about it. For all those Liberty virgins and long time lovers out there, welcome to the house of lux.


I ended up visiting Liberty during a trip to London out of spontaneity. I was in the Oxford Street area and my inner interiors freak could not resist the temptation of a visit. And hey, when you are met by an arrangement of flowers like this... who can say no?



I admit that my interiors-obsessed self headed straight on up that stairway to heaven and directly to the interior floors. I was like a kid in a candy shop. It gave me the same feeling you get when you see a painting that you love in real life- that you had only previously seen in books. It was a whoolllle lottaaa magic. 

The first section I explored was home to lighting and ceramics. It was pretty much love at first light... or lamp if you will. This baby was asking me to take it home so much... one day my dear, one day! (Insert actual lamp heartache). 



I also found these hand-made babies which are just divine. Created by Group Partner, you may have seen these or another similar creation on the web of late. The Brooklyn based studio create the cheekiest pots in town, covered in fab little patterns. Shower me in gorgeous ceramics any day, especially if they are fiercely feminine and are covered in boobs and plants. YAS QUEEN. 


The first floor of interiors also gave you this little delicious taste of Tom Dixon lighting, the arrangement was so beautiful and I can't emphasise enough just how delicate each piece was. If you are in the money for statement lighting, I would absolutely recommend looking at Tom's work. I mean chances are, unless you have been living under a rock for a while, you are going to know who Tom Dixon is. And if not, ya call ya'self an interior design lover? Caman- (Click me right now).



Ohhh Fornasetti, my Mona Lisa of interior decor. I experienced the same magic here again, that feeling of seeing 
something in real life that you have only seen online or in magazines. 
The colours and detail were beautiful. It is my birthday in May guys, just saying ;)



So if you follow me on insta, or have seen some of my earlier blog posts, you know I have a thing for vintage decor. There is a fab section full of home wares decorated in vintage-inspired Liberty London floral prints which caught my eye... and my heart. Liberty London explores vintage patterns within their homeware section to bring a flavour of Liberty history and heritage into their customers homes. Liberty London is a beautifully restored Tudor building and opened its doors in 1875. I captured two of my favourite prints below.


Oh hello John Derian hand-blown glass, paper weights of dreams. Oh you are designed with vintage patterns and illustrations are you? Yes Yes you are <3


How effin cool is the greenery area? I love the way Liberty London has merchandised this table, it is so eclectic and casual, but really does make a strong style statement.


Now come on, hands up who loves a velvet sofa? I know you do!! Well so do I and do does Liberty. 
I couldn't help but gravitate towards their beautiful collection of sofa's. The colours are so strong, rich and beautiful with second to none styling. Oh take my money nowwwww!!




As I mentioned before, Liberty is home to a one stop, Tom Dixon dream shop. The below arrangements display some of Dixons sculptural kitchen and dining glass ware. From vases, to tea pots, these recognisable items are both beautiful and works of art in their own right. Following these images, are a contrasting display of his decorative homeware, with the use of striking black and gold colour.





This next section is dedicated to my favourite of all Dixon pieces (soz Ikea, I love ya but corrr)- the Melt Copper pendant lights. They genuinely have a place in my heart, but unfortunately not yet in my home. 




Last, but definitely not least, second to Tommo, this is my favourite favourite display in the store. I am in love with these hand crafted ceramic vases and pots by Studio Emma. Each item is completely unique due to the process in which is it made in Emma McDowall's Edinburgh studio. If you love it as much as I do, check out her website by clicking here.


Okay guys, that is enough window shopping for me. I am going to go grab a coffee and lust over some more Liberty London items online.
 Click Click


I hope you have enjoyed the tour, what is your favourite item in the Liberty store? I'd love to know your thoughts!

Until next time,





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig